Sunday, June 21, 2009

Kalimpong 2007

Kalimpong, in the north-eastern part of India close to the border to Sikkim, was the home of Kyabje Dudjom Rinpoche after he had fled from Tibet. Here Sogyal Rinpoche received instructions by him when he was in his early twenties. On my way to Sikkim, during the Losar break of the Shedra, I stopped by in this interesting town to travel back a bit in time in the life of my master. The house of Dudjom Rinpoche, nowadays it is a retreat-place. I was only given access to it after I said I was a disciple of Sogyal Rinpoche and because of that I was on my own. I was also shown the actual room where Dudjom Rinpoche would grant teachings. Unfortunately I was not allowed to take any pictures in there. The Zangdok Palri-Temple of Dudjom Rinpoche. The main Guru Rinpoche statue inside the monastery.

No comments: